2018 2L Mayer Brown/Prudential Fellowship
NAPABA is pleased to partner with Prudential Financial Inc. (Prudential) and Mayer Brown to provide a fellowship opportunity for a highly-motivated second-year law student. Through this partnership, a talented law student will be selected as the 2018 NAPABA/Mayer Brown/Prudential Law Fellow. The Fellow will join Mayer Brown in its New York or Chicago office in the summer of 2018 following successful completion of his or her second year of law school.
To be eligible to apply, 2L law students must be a NAPABA member.
We are accepting submissions from 2L students until Aug. 14. Submission requirements are as follows:
To apply, you must submit in a single PDF document:
- Cover letter (addressed to NAPABA/Mayer Brown/Prudential Fellowship Selection Committee)
- The cover letter should also include a personal statement that highlights one of the following topics that has not been captured in the candidate’s resume:
- a discussion of how diversity and inclusion in the workplace or in the academic environment has had a personal impact;
- an example of a time when the candidate faced a challenging project or assignment (work-related, community service, school-related, etc.) that required working with others in a team (including the issues, resolutions, and overall results); or
- a discussion of how participation in the NAPABA/Mayer Brown/Prudential Fellowship Program will benefit and enhance the candidate’s experience at Mayer Brown.
- List of three references
- Writing sample
- Copy of transcript
All materials must be received by 5 p.m. EDT on Aug. 14. Finalists must be available to participate in phone interviews in August or September 2017. Selected candidates will be invited for in-person interviews in New York, New York, or Newark, New Jersey, in August or September 2017, with offers to be made shortly thereafter.
AABA Thanks our Jade and Pearl Sponsors for 2016-2017
Sidley Austin LLP
Vedder Price LLP
Laurie & Brennan LLP
McDermott Will & Emery
Perkins Coie LLP
Quarles & Brady LLP
Become a Member
AABA invites you to become a member or renew your membership. As a member, you will be part of one of the largest Asian American bar associations in the nation.